Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Looks Like It

Thanks for asking about Simon. He went to the doctor and it looks like it is the ACL. Oh, joy. So he has to have an MRI on Thursday, and then we'll need to decide about surgery, therapy, etc...

In the meantime, he's hobbling around on "crotches" (as Nate calls them) or lying down. For me, realizations are coming home to roost.
  1. I would say we are probably NOT going camping in the Tetons this weekend. Just a hunch. September and October hike dates, also not happening.
  2. The grass is already so long that it'll be more like making hay than mowing the lawn. Really. You could bail it. It needs doing. This means that I will have to learn how to use the lawn mower. I was so happy in my ignorance.
  3. Less competition for the computer and more opportunities for blogging, since he can barely make it downstairs to the office.
  4. Little things like carrying a cup of tea across the room...? Until he needed me to do it, I didn't notice before how often he did it. The guy drinks a lot of tea, it turns out. Same thing with putting his pants on. Has he always done that every morning?
  5. Sex is going to be...uh...searching for an adjective...

8 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Oh dear, sorry to read about Simon.
I hope you're not too busy carrying tea, mowing the lawn and dressing him...

dive said...

Yow! ACL injuries truly suck. Poor Simon. I just hope he doesn't wear all your sympathy out too soon.
And lawnmowing is fun. You're going to enjoy it so much he'll have to fight you for it when he gets mended.

Rich said...

Okay, so I should lighten up. Maybe it's not as minor as I anticipated. And the first snow best not fly for a long time, if Si is going to ski it. But the docs are great, an know how to put these things back together properly. Tell Si I wish him good luck today with the MRI. By the way, if he's staying home, I don't think he has to put the pants on every day. You should be able to talk him out of that, Kate. And no good adjective comes to mind.
--Rich

Weber said...

Kate, that is really too bad. Tell Si we are thinking of him. RE the lawn, I pretended absolute fear of the mower for many years, then we were getting ready to move to California and Rich was gone for a month. I suddenly had to learn how to use the damn thing. But after we got settled in, I found a wonderful person who mowed my lawn for a slight fee. At least in Utah, you probably only have maybe another month before you can stop mowing.....Maybe you could buy Nate a push mower? Good luck, let us know if we can help with anything - We'll be home on Sunday!!

Weber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diane said...

Well, Si will truly fit in up Little Cottonwood now... seems like when I lived up there, I was the only person who *hadn't* torn their ACL! Seriously, my sympathies to all of you, although the kids will probably make lemonade out of this lemon of a situation - watch out - they'll be grabbing a "crotch" and running around the house with it in no time!

Re: the lawn. Hmmm.... my compost needs some fresh grass. How long since you put chemicals on it? If it's been a while, I'd mow for grass.

cinnibonbon said...

Oh bummer girl!!
But about sex..umm..sees it would be easier since he needs assistance with those pants..just saying...**wink**

Trysha said...

That lawnmowing stuff sounds like something that needs to be outsourced to a neighborhood kid. I'm just sayin'...

I wish there was something I could do or send to help out.