Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Short Cut

I suggested a walk to the grocery store. We took the "short cut", which is a big misnomer. Way too much cool stuff on the short cut.

Sunflowers...
...and the playing field behind the Mormon church.

The irrigation ditch.

The special tunnel that completes the route to the school.

Oh, the sprinklers WOULD have to be on.

I said, "Don't get soaked. Fine, but don't get really soaked, OK? Or you'll freeze in the deli section."

This is called the First Grade Door. Do only first graders use it?

And of course, there's the playground. All in all, the short cut adds about an hour to the trip.

9 comments:

Jessica Oakley said...

I remember that short cut! I've used that short cut! Its really not that short...

The World According To Me said...

The long short cut! Great photo opportunity though. It looks so pretty in your corner of the world.

dive said...

What a great short cut!
Kids and sprinklers … Woohoo! No mom on earth will keep a kid out of a sprinkler.

cinnibonbon said...

Oh what fun...to enjoy the scenary!! Great Captures.

BTW girlie.. You've got guts too. I just tend to keep mine on speed dial. LOL
Life's too short to put up with office politics...grrr

Hossam said...

Greetings from EGYPT,
i really loved ur blog
i remebred ma childhood and the grade door lol
nice days gone
hope be a frinds
c u
bye bye

Maria said...

I am laughing at the "you will freeze in the deli" comment. I used to stop at the grocery store sometimes on the drive home from picking Liv up at swim practice and she would have blue lips just from walking near the freezer or deli section....

Weber said...

I also remember that short cut - I used to walk that way when we lived in the "hood"
-Shirley

Katherine said...

Isn't it amazing the short cuts kids find?

Okay. I confess I sometimes take them myself. Except I call it "wandering" and sometimes I do it in the minivan.

Amrita said...

Great pictures