Monday, August 18, 2008

Two Important Moments

1. I walked into the bedroom, and found Johnny Depp there in repose, waiting for me. As he IS an action-figure, I was expecting a little more...action. Geeze. He's not even fully posable.




2. And I got my new sewing machine out of the box and set it up in my "sewing room", actually a card table stuck into the spare-room closet. Now what? I looked at the instructions, and I can't make hide nor hair.... Seagrape, the weather in Florida being what it is this week, maybe you should come up here and spend a few days. You could show me how to use this thing. Tomorrow's goal? Plug it in. Wednesday? Buy thread. After that, I think I have to wind the bobbin, whatever that means. More postings about sewing coming soon, I'm sure.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh you hit the nail on the head! LOL at the Johnny Depp action figure...not EVEN posable... tsk tsk... and the sewing machine... I am sure that you will figure out where to plug it in faster than I!

Katherine said...

Oh Kate, you make my day as usual! Johnny Depp indeed. And sewing indeed. If I were half as proficient with my machine, I would be a famous quilter by now. Alas, the machine and fabric glue seem to partner quite a bit in my projects.

suesun said...

I think you should get a whole of pirate action figures and stick 'em on top of your Singer. Then, when you get to the point of frustration with sewing, you can just stop and stare at them for awhile and imagine a life at sea........ and remember your inner sea horse . :-)

suesun said...

ahem, that should be "a whole LOT".......

The World According To Me said...

Sigh. I would love to find Johnny Depp on my bed!

And sewing machines scare me.

dive said...

They do Johnny Depp action figures?
I waaaant one!

Unknown said...

I'd love to help, but really I am not good with my sewing machine at all. I still have to read the manual every time I wind the bobbin!

Maria said...

I got hot just looking at Depp on the mattress...

And I love the tidy look of a sewing machine. But, I couldn't USE one if my life depended on it.

Diane said...

We should have a girls night of sewing. I keep wanting to get mine going again. I can show you how to wind the bobbin.