Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Most Blood I've Seen as a Mother

Poor old Nate whacked his head against his bed-head, resulting in a gusher. I would have liked to get a picture when we were "in the moment", but I think he would have resented that. He probably would have had stitches if my mother hadn't been here. The old nurse poo-pooed them in favor of butterfly closures, gave Nate a Creamie and said he looked like a Jedi warrior. She went home yesterday - I think Nate is going to miss her.

We have an on-going pursuit: the most blood Mom has seen. Nate has broken his own record twice, now, pretty much leaving Sara in the dust: His claims to family fame now are the Tuna Can Episode, the Bitten-Off Granuloma and the Bed Head....Head.

4 comments:

anantadharma said...

How coincidental!

We must be living parallel lives, except that you're an athletic college grad married to a Brit and I'm an overweight underachiever married to a native Portagian.

Nate looks just like you!
Of course, I haven't come across pictures of Simon yet (except his backside, working on Nate's bedroom).

Anonymous said...

owww.... well... that is ONE area where I'm glad that Coffee is pretty tame... not too much of that here... dad would not be able to handle it... LOL!

Katherine said...

Ohhh! Poor baby! Hope he heals up.

Now you must tell me--what is a "Bitten-Off Granuloma"?

Amrita said...

Oh dear - poor liitle Nate.

Glad Grandma was near by.Sure he will miss her.