Monday, August 10, 2009

Mommy Dearest, Episode XXII

OK, blog buddies with kids, let's take a poll.

I make a luscious pitcher of iced tea. I brew it, using a blend of chai and regular tea; then leave it out to cool overnight; then put it in the fridge so it is waiting for me after a long day at work.

Do my 10- and 7 -year-old children get to drink it? I tried to tell them that this was MOM's SPECIAL TREAT. "Don't worry, Mommy. We'll make more!" Uh-huh.

They drink it all and when I get there, the pitcher is empty.

Am I obligated to share my iced tea with my offspring?

6 comments:

Amrita said...

I made tea with monk 's basil, pepper corn, ginger root and regular tea for my cold.
I like iced tea...very refreshing

Anonymous said...

In some species, this infraction justifies eating your young.


Not-So-Anonymously,

John

Katherine said...

No. You are obliged to keep some things for yourself because as a mom, you deserve it.

They're SO grounded!

Susan in Lille said...

You know...we were talking about having kids, but I think you talked me out of it. Next you will tell me they will eat my special ice cream!

-Your old blogger friend Susan.

Glad to read you are doing well. Cheers to you girl!

Maria said...

I'm sort of surprised at you. You are usually so good at this shit. All you have to do is tell them that you WANT them to drink it, that you are concerned about their nutrition and it is GOOD FOR THEM and to help themselves. I guarantee they won't touch a drop.

The World According To Me said...

My mum keeps her chocolate from me. So I think it's only fair that you keep your iced tea.