Saturday, August 22, 2009

No Clue


There. Mystery solved! It was Mrs. Peacock in the Ballroom with a knife. Can we just stop playing this endless, boring game? Nate had no daycare yesterday, so I stayed home with him. He loves this game. I would rather break rocks than play Clue. I would rather wake up with a pounding hangover. I would rather spend two hours looking for a minute error in a vast spreadsheet. I would rather sit in an ER waiting room, all day, with nothing to read. I would rather wear sand-filled tennies.

7 comments:

anantadharma said...

I hear you! I feel the same way about Candy Land.

Katherine said...

--sigh-- It's so heartening to know other parents hate stuff like certain board games. I always thought I was just an ogre.

Amrita said...

no idea what this is about

Kate said...

Katherine- Once I was able to confess to this hatred, I felt so free.

Kate said...

Amrita-
"Clue" is a board-game. The object of the game is to solve an imaginary murder mystery: the murderer, location of the crime and the murder weapon. it is one of the dullest games in the universe, yet so popular (for some reason) that almost everyone in the US has played it.

Kate said...

Lisa- Don't worry! Candy Land will be over for you in only...5 years or so!

Weber said...

So, Kate, what you're saying is...you don't like to play Clue?