Wednesday, August 26, 2009

When Crickets Talk

Is it a sign of madness? That the crickets are talking to me? Maybe as long as I don't answeer back, I'm still OK.

Lately, they have been saying, "Do you want some Gatorade? Gatorade? Some Gatorade?"

No, not really. Could we talk about something else?

Last night, I couldn't sleep, and they would not stop gloating: "Kate's awake. Kate's awake. Keeping Kate awake. Awake. Kate's awake."

Do you hear things when you listen to crickets, or is it just me? I suspect it might be.

What do they say to you (you f***ing nut-case)?

4 comments:

Katherine said...

If I could hear the crickets over the sounds of the AC, I would talk back.

I don't think it's crazy. They are living creatures--there's probably even someone we knew among their masses.

Keep talking, but at night, you might want to use their cadence to fall asleep as if they were singing to you.

cinnibonbon said...

I've got no crickets--but the voices that talk to me--always conjure up ways to get me to eat cupcakes--so drinking gadorade is not half bad!!

Hang in there girl.

Alice Kildaire said...

I haven't had a conversation with a cricket lately, but I did hear an owl ask, "Who cooks for you?" over and over again late last night.

sanjeet said...

They are living creatures--there's probably even someone we knew among their masses.


Work from home India