Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Countdown

The white-haired lady in the pink coat is my mom, flying in to save the day.

Here is my in-box at work, EMPTY for the first time ever, I think. I wish the surgery were first thing tomorrow morning, so I could get it over with. If I stop to think for even a minute, I go queasy with fear. I don't have to be at the hospital until 1:00, though. I wonder how I'll pass the time in the morning? I keep telling myself to get a grip. If this is a step-by-step process, then I can just look at tomorrow for now. And all I have to fear tomorrow is pain. They will help me manage the pain; therefore there is nothing to fear, right? Right? So why do I feel like puking?

3 comments:

Alice Kildaire said...

I'll be offering up a few extra prayers for your today Kate. I hope your morning passes quickly and the surgery goes well!

Weber said...

No Puking....deep breathing...We're here for you...We all love ya!! Good Luck today.

anantadharma said...

I'm thinking of you!
Lisa Z.