Friday, January 1, 2010

Sneaking Back

I am depressed, and I can't blog. I promised myself I would start again in the new year, in an attempt to do things that make me happy again. So there.

I'm waiting.....

I'm not getting any happier...

I have wasted 20 precious minutes that I can't get back, staring at the screen. I could have been doing data entry! Or scrubbing a cupboard front! Actually, since I just got out of another surgery, I can't scrub cupboard fronts for a few days, yet. Something to look forward to.

Dr. Perfect was running late for this surgery, as always. This time his car wouldn't start. How can a fancy-pants surgeon's car not start? I always picture him swanning around in an Escalade with heated leather seats. Now, I'm envisioning him in a '78 Gremlin.

This time, he took fat from my ass to pad my bony post-mastectomy chest. Don't get too excited, ladies. No, my butt is no smaller-looking It does have bruises on it that closely resemble satellite photos of Panama.

7 comments:

Lillian said...

Kate! It's OK if you have nothing to say. I was so glad to read it! I've hated the idea that somewhere just south of me there's this awesome family going through all these struggles, and I can't do a thing or even find out how they are because this is the only place I know you. Silly, I know. Don't get all stressed out now, thinking you need to blog to keep me updated. Today I'm just happy to hear you're alive and capable of making a wisecrack before you ran out of things to say. Yay! Rah rah!

anantadharma said...

So glad to hear from you again! I hope you feel better soon.

Katherine said...

Kate, it is so good to "see" you and "hear" you again via your blog. You have important things to say even when you think you don't.

And of course, your humor is just incomparable.

Heal up! Your fans love you!!

Amy said...

Yeah! You're back! I thought maybe you'd died or something, but you aren't supposed to say that in polite company, so I won't.

Kate said...

LOL! Shit! Sorry, Amy! I guess that could've been what happened. In which case, why did you not send a sympathy card?

Amrita said...

So glad to hear from you Kate, was thinking about you so much

Amy said...

Dear Kate,

Greatest sympathies on your early death. I hope you can console yourself on your untimely demise.

Amy