Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The End of an Era

There was the year of the skeleton costume!

And the Anakin Skywalker year, with the bat costume.

This year, Nate wants to be David Beckham. And I'm actually feeling bereft, despite the fact that I whine about Halloween costumes all through the month of October every year. "But Nate, don't you just wear your Beckham jersey and some other soccer stuff? That's a BORE!" No, 'cause I'm doing a Mohawk for him. That's all that is required of me this year.

Sara? WILBUR WRIGHT. I kid you not. All that is needed is a jacket, tie and a bowler hat. "Well, and planes, right Sara? You need to fill your suit pockets with paper planes and bombard the other kids during the costume parade." She asked permission to do this, and was denied. Against school rules. Someone could lose and eye, I guess. Or start feeling like they want to join a gang. I explained to her the virtues of apologizing instead of asking permission. I helped her make the planes as well. "Do you want me to get sent to the Principal's office?!?"

Geeze, Sara, if you are going to be sent to the Principal's office once in your life, please let it be for exuberant plane throwing.

3 comments:

Amy said...

My daughter is going to be spaghetti and meatballs. We spray painted tennis balls brown and then attached lots of tan yarn strands to be the spaghetti. Then we splashed red paint around to be the pasta sauce, although she says it looks more like BLOOD! Good.

Amrita said...

Kate show us some pictures too.

Amrita said...

I 've got an easy chicken tikka masala reipe on my blog, it has become the national dish of the UK