Sunday, June 17, 2007

That Was Great! I Need A Vacation

Ahhh! My blog! I missed it.

Thanks for coming and making loads of fun comments while I was gone.

Vacation was good, although it took a while to unwind. I fell asleep every time I sat down for about three days - I guess I was tired...

Did it live up to my expectations? Let's see, what were they?

Sara did not find Rhode Island. I mean the license plate.

The hot springs were boringly commercial and clothed. This is good really - my poor British husband would have died on the spot otherwise.

I DID finish "Joy Luck Club". And I DID re-read "Death of a Salesman" (that's a blog in itself right there). I am amazed at the amount I was able to read.

No one was abusive to the ruins. You can't even visit three of them without a guide anymore.

More tomorrow. I went to all that trouble to catch up on my sleep, and it's already escaping me again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

By having SO much time to read, means the sightseeing was less than par? I've been to the 4 corners, it really is kinda neat. The clothing hot springs I guess is usual back home (the US). I live in Japan, where it is unclothed. You go in as natural as the day you were born! Guess you guys won't be visiting here any time soon! Tho good to see you made it back in one peace and had a good time.

Jessica Oakley said...

KATE! Did you see that a BEAR attacked a BOY at the Timpooneke (or whatever its called) campground where WE camped in American Fork Canyon??? A BEAR! It RIPPED OPEN a tent and PULLED A BOY OUT!!! Oh my god. I'm terrified. I can't go to Camp Misconduct this summer. Hold me.

Anonymous said...

See, I told you there's no such thing as a Rhode Island plate. Pure fiction, those are.

Enjoy your recuperation. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, me as well. Thanks for looking up my blog. Yes, it's my daughter. She's 5.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty freaked out about the bear incident myself I already told Rich that he has to come outstide during the night when I have to go to the bathroom. I definitely will need a bear spotter.

Welcome back! We missed you. Glad you had a good trip. I guess I'd better get the book soon.