Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chox and Blox

Sara and Nathan had their little friends N. and B. at our house for a sleep-over this past weekend. I thought we'd get the fondue set out again and try chocolate this time. It went over well, as you can see.I can't explain the skeleton costume.

I thought the chocolate that was splattered everywhere would show up better. Oh well. Only my friend Diane, at her safe haven at the end of the table, was spared total wardrobe destruction.


Simon is taking a few days off to do some projects at home. He landscaped my new garden for me. Only a little back filling left to do and my drought-resistant test garden will be finished. I put in a few things in the fall: some Kamas bulbs, a creeping ground cover called Sedum; three yucca plants and some tall grasses for a backdrop. Not a lot of visible action, yet, but it looks like everything made it through the winter. Now I have to think of a bunch more plants to put in there. Garden design? Not my strong point. If any of you dry-climate blog buddies have some suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

6 comments:

cinnibonbon said...

Sorry girl...not Miss Green Thumbs over here!! Hey but it sounds like you kiddos and pals had a great time and you seem to have relaxed a bit...Way to go!!!

Elizabeth Penmark said...

Fondue is so fun. I like dipping marshmallows and strawberries best. Missed you. Finally getting my life back together.

suesun said...

yarrow. yarrow. more yarrow.
echinacea
penstemon

for insta-color in the spring, there's always your good ol' petunias....they survive EVERYTHING here in Colorado, and last well into the fall.

good luck!

Alice Kildaire said...

portulaca!! Vibrant colors, stays where you put it and it absolutely refuses to die, even if it goes months without rain...

Amrita said...

The kids had it chhoc a bloc! Your garden look really nice.

The World According To Me said...

I did wonder about the skeleton outfit!

That fondue looks deliciously messy!

I don't have any suggestions for the garden I'm afraid. My dad's the gardener in our family. I just take pictures!