Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's a Bird! It's a Plane!

It's Bibleman! Yet again, the donations have yielded some crazy-ass s*** that we can dress Mark in.We want him to hang on to this until Halloween, because several of us at the office want to dress up like Luchadores (see "Nacho Libre" if you need to study up on Lucha Libre), and these would be valuable costume components.
Is there anyone out there who knows about Bibleman? What are his super powers? Turning things into pillars of salt? Reciting the books of the Bible in correct order? Let's see...how far can I go?
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy...uh... there are some Kings in there somewhere...
Can Bibleman influence the weather? Here it is, Memorial Day weekend. Normally, we never camp on Memorial Day weekend, because everyone else does. But, it's do or die: we're busy next weekend, and then the in-laws descend for the month of June; and believe me, they don't camp. So, we've decided to explore the West Desert. Is there any way to insert a link to Google Earth? I pulled up Notch Peak, and I wish I could show where it is, but I can't figure out how to insert the link here.
We have never camped out there before. It is definitely at the end of the road less traveled, even in Utah, where there are a lot of less-travelled roads. Out near Notch Peak in the House Range, there is:
  1. a trilobite quarry, where you can dig for fossils;
  2. herds of wild mustangs;
  3. a hermit's shack, if you can find it;
  4. the ruins of Topaz internment camp, in which Americans of Japanese descent were held prisoner during World War II;
  5. other ghost town;
  6. nothing else! Except dirt roads which, in heavy rain, will wash out.

And the forecast is....drum roll... You guessed it.

Please Bibleman, make the weather sunny and warm!

I'd better sign off and get home. I have prep cooking to do for the camping trip. If we go, I'll post again on Sunday with (hopefully) interesting photos of the barren West Desert. If I post tomorrow night, you'll know that even Bibleman was unable to help and we had to bail.

9 comments:

dive said...

YOW!
(and probably BAM and SPLAT, too).
That has to be the scariest superhero costume I've ever seen.
And the funniest.
Brilliant!

Cool! Digging for fossils in the rain; one of my favourite things to do (sad but true).
Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

YIKES!!!

(Let me think about that again...nope....still YIKES!!!!)



Anonymously, John

Erin said...

Frankly, I'm shocked the baptists out here in the bible belt buckle aren't hosting Bibleman...

Trysha said...

Eeek! Wasn't Willie Ames (Scott Baio's friend on Charles in Charge) Bibleman? Didn't he come back as Bibleman before he was on Celebrity Fit Club? I'm almost ashamed of myself for knowing that. Almost.

Maria said...

Please do post pics. But, I am so very thankful not to be camping. I am a surly camper and not graceful about sleeping on the ground.

In other words, I am a nightmare camper.

Unknown said...

went over to Google Earth to check out Notch Peak, also stopped by Bibleman's website - double WoW Kate.
oh and Maku has been talking about dressing up as a luchadore for Halloween - green tights, blue cape and an orange mask.

The World According To Me said...

I'm hoping Bibleman made it nice and sunny for you!
Could he make it sunny in the UK? Please?

Coco said...

I think this is my favorite thing that you've found in the VIP donations! Truly marvelous!

Rebecca said...

Mark is such a good sport!! What a funny costume...and to think I passed up a whoppie cushion costume at a yard sale this weekend!

r.