Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Shuffle Songs

OK, I don't do very many MEMEs, but I saw this one over at Maria's place, and I thought it was funny. I am also the wrong demographic for it ("What do you think when you see the person you like?" Like, totally.) But it made me snort a few times, so all right. Plus, I miss my iPod. I haven't been running since the half-marathon, 'cause I've been too busy. It's starting to bug me.

The way this works: Hit "shuffle" on your iPod, and the names of the songs as they fall in the random sequence are the answers to the questions.

1. How would you describe yourself?
Paradise [Live] (The BoDeans)

Well, THIS game is off to a good start!

2. What do you like in a guy / girl?
Godspeed [Sweet Dreams] (The Dixie Chicks)

Ummm... Is this meant to imply that I fantasize about my little crushes? Or that I always end up discarding one crush for another?

3. What is your motto?
Second Hand News (Fleetwood Mac)

Wow. That is deeply cynical. Deeply cynical...

4. What do your friends think of you?
Only Love (The BoDeans)

Pfffffttttt!!!!! Yeah, right.

5. What do you think about often?
One Night Stand (Enrique Iglesias)

Who am I to deny it?

6. What do your parents think of you?
I Will Survive (Enrique Iglesias)

Well, that may have been my mom's mantra when I was a teenager...

7. What do you think of your best friend?
A Boy Named Sue (Johnny Cash)

WTF?

8. What do you think of the person you like?
I'm Like A Bird (Nelly Furtado)

Sorry, this one isn't working, either. Hold on while I try to think of a birdlike person on whom I have a crush.

9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
She's a Runaway (The BoDeans)

I can go with that.

10. What do you think when you see a person you like?
If I Had It My Way (Emma Roberts)

Sssnnnnrrkkk!

11. What song will they play at your wedding?
Yarrington Town (Nancy Griffith)

What? First of all, my wedding is long past; and there was no music. It wasn't quite a Justice of the Peace wedding, but pretty close. I already know that this is the song for my funeral. It is the perfect "Kate's Dirge" selection.

12. What will they play at your funeral?
Escape (Enrique Iglesias)

Honestly. Can you imagine Enrique Iglesias funeral music? And by the way, I need to point something out. When I shuffled my songs, all the Enrique Iglesias songs ended up in the first dozen. This is not an accurate cross-section of my musical taste! How embarrassing. Really.

13. What is your hobby / interest?
Red Dirt Girl (Emmylou Harris)

Could be gardening....could be desert camping...

14. What is your biggest fear?
R.O.C.K. in the USA (John Mellencamp)

Uh... "Republicans Own Congress....." (what to do with the "K"...)
Uh... "Ruthless Oil Cartels..." (Damn that "K" again...)
Uh... "Religious Orthodoxy Chokes Kate"?
I'm not good at acronyms.

15. What is your biggest secret?
Lay All Your Love On Me (ABBA)

After pondering this for a moment, it became clear. Yes, the fact that I like some ABBA tunes IS a big secret, and I wish it to remain so. Forget you saw this.

16. What do you think of your friends?
Closer to Free (The BoDeans)

This would be my childless friends, or the ones with the grown-up children.

17. What is your theme song?
Real Gone (Sheryl Crow)

Lately, given my feelings about my job, this is fairly on the mark.

18. What do you think of your family?
Hold On Tight (ELO)

That is SO sappy. Gack.

19. What is your best friend's theme song?
There is No Alternative (Tina Sugandh)

Well, he does have a hard time compromising.

20. What is your mood right now?
Naked (The BoDeans)

[pompously] I would call nudity a "state" rather than a "mood". Please.

21. If your heart could talk, what would it say?
ABC (The Jackson 5)

Geeze. I always thought guys were the uncomplicated ones.

22. What do your co-workers think of you?
Morena (Carlos Ponce)

Whoa. Don't think so. This song is in Spanish and the first lines translate to:

"Oh, Morena, your lips seduce me."

23. What does your future look like?
Hey Pretty Girl (The BoDeans)

Are these all the guys that are going to be sniffing around Sara? It won't be about me. I should be so lucky.

4 comments:

dive said...

Some excellent choices in there, Kate. I particularly loved your acronyms and "A Boy Named Sue."
Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

This is Hilarious!!!

But you might want to consider "expanding" your selection. :)))



Anonymously, John

The World According To Me said...

Very funny!

What a good idea. I might have a bash at that one. Arr, might have to add songs which are not George Michael...

cinnibonbon said...

ABA..lol. You know that time I changed my blog song for you? It was to Dancing Queen, but by the time you had headed over there I had already changed it!! LOL that you secretly like them.. I'm proud I say it loud..I LOVE ABBA!!!! LOL