Wednesday, May 14, 2008

See Anything?


Neither do I!
For a week, it has felt as if there's something in my eye, and it's starting to PISS ME OFF! What could be in there for a whole week? The Biblical mote? Or do I get the beam? I've searched and rinsed, rinsed and searched....
I went to the optometrist, and let him rinse, search, rinse, search. Poor Dr. Berner. He tried everything.
"Hold on, while I put a little of this neon yellow dye in your eye."

"Let me just flip your eyelid..." (My hands clench into talons. Eyelid flipping grosses me out. This harks back to the days when my big brother used to turn his eyelids inside out, moan like a zombie and chase me around the house.) "OK, you don't like that idea, huh?"
"We'll ...just...dab... a little of this ointment on you lower lid...to numb it..." (I crack up. Optometry's answer to Botox?) "And then some of this soothing ointment..."
Etc... etc... And let's not forget the $11 tube of goo he sold me, hoping it would do the trick.
None of it helped worth a damn. My eye is still feels like there's something in there. Of course, maybe the reason it hurts now is 'cause he messed around with it so much yesterday. I'm reminded of the Bugs Bunny sketch, "Barber of Seville" in which Bugs applies shaving cream, then tonic, then a massage, then finally whipped cream and a cherry to Elmer Fudd's head.
Didn't Elmer Fudd chase Bugs with a knife after that?
Well, I haven't reached that point, yet. For now, I'll wait. And wear my (geek-bomb) glasses. Eeeew.

8 comments:

~ L said...

OUCH!

Been there, done that. I now wear my geeky glasses every day.

This, after nearly 20 years of very successful contact-lens wearing!

I got tired of fighting itchy, dry, allergy eyes.

I kind of dig my new look, though.

New frames, perhaps? Or do you just hate wearing glasses period?

Cricket said...

Hi! I linked to you off of cinnibonbon's blog! I just wanna say, over Christmas, I had this same dang thing happen to me...for like a week it felt like something was in my eye, drove me nuts and then all of a sudden it just went away!! Who knows??!!

Hope it feels better soon!

smiles,

cinnibonbon said...

OHHHHH That is the worst feeling. I'm forever digging out cat hair from mine. It's really gross actually. I hope you find what is digging in yours ASAP!!
PS..I blogged about you over at my place!!! LOL
PSS...the glasses can't be all bad, can they?

Lillian said...

*gets out the whipped cream*

Anonymous said...

Oh! I loved that episode of Bugs Bunny!

Seriously though, you should get your Primary to refer you to an Opthamologist rather than an Optometrist.

The later was looking for something "on" the surface of your eye. The Opthamologist will look for something "in" your eye (or attached to it) that may be the source of your pain. The two generally approach your beautiful-blues differently, and that may make all the difference.

Wish you luck!


Anonymously, John

The World According To Me said...

Your poor eye.

I wear contacts and I've had various eye problems in the past. I had to stop wearing the contacts for a while, but after using eye drops and wearing my geeky glasses, the eyes are fine and the lenses are back in!

But I know how annoying and painful these eye problems can be. Maybe some drops would help your situation?

Anonymous said...

Oooo!!! Ooooo!!! I know! I know!
Maybe you have a light scratch on the surface of your eyeball that's causing you irritation.

Icky....that's gotta be uncomfortable.


Anonymously, John

Diane said...

I see a bloodshot eyeball.