Monday, November 10, 2008

The Tooth Fairy?

If she knew....

Nathan lost one of his front teeth the other day, and told me that he really, really hoped that the Fairy would cough up one of those gold Liberty dollars. She brought one another time, and he loves it. “It’s solid gold!” Wary (and trying to remember what I had in my wallet), I told him that special requests might not get processed as quickly. We could put in our customary call to 1-800-CHOMPER, but it might be too late for her to make a bank run. So, sure enough, the TF didn’t come that night, and Nathan wailed in the morning when he woke up. I reminded him of his special request and the resulting delay. No doubt she would come tonight. He subsided, but a little while later, Sara pulled me aside and told me that Nathan had called the TF “That bitch.”

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute story. :)

I'm sure that's a phrase Nathan will many times through out his life.


-Anonymously, John

Erin said...

I really can't stop laughing. That's too cute to punish him for!

Coco said...

hahahahahaaa!! Nate is awesome. I noticed his tooth was gone when they came over on Saturday.

Katherine said...

WHAAAT??? LOL!!! I hope you re-directed his vocabulary!

cinnibonbon said...

You're cracking me up once again!! I has to show this one to my kiddo...Too too funny!

Have a great week girl

dive said...

Hee hee hee.
Tell him that if she finds out the TF will come in the night and take all his teeth.

I'd make a great father … er.

Jessica Oakley said...

Awesome.

One time I found some teeth in my mom's dresser, and I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that my mom was THE tooth fairy. I'm pretty sure I even spread that rumor around my school.