Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pfffffffft

OK. Shazam lasted for part of the day. Then my super-powers were again compromised. Just gotta figure out what gave me that burst. Try it again tomorrow.

I have had heartache before. I should be grateful. My heart is a wild little creature, but it is still not jaded, even after all these years. So, I bury my face in a towel and scream my head off until is passes. I know how to handle heartache.

I have doubted myself before. I should be grateful. I know I don't have all the answers. So I confide in my special friends. I know how to manage doubt.

I have had wild misadventures before. I should be grateful. I still think life has the capacity to surprise me. I write about them. I know how to wrangle wild misadventures.

I have forgotten my lunch and my supper before. I should be grateful. How else would I have the opportunity to subsist on rancid sandwich cookies, grape pop-tarts and garlic-soy-roasted Chinese broad beans? I know how to find food.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rent out "Forest Gump"...don't know if it'll cure what ails' you, but it is a really nice story.


JKnight

Katherine said...

Just catching up with your blog, Kate--and your pain! Well, at least it's pain well earned, right? And at least you can EAT cookies. Imagine if you had diabetes or something? You would have had to eat your desk.

Kate said...

Dearest Katherine-

My desk has nutritional value, cuz of all the sticky patches of spilled shit all over it. Should've thought of that.