Monday, December 17, 2007

A Cocktail to Die For...

...unless it kills you first.

I had a dinner party over the weekend and cooked southwestern. So I was looking through Cooking Light, as usual, and saw this recipe for Sparking Chimayo Cocktails.

1 C gold tequila
3/4 C sparkling water, chilled
2 T creme de cassis (black currant flavored liqueur)
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling apple cider, chilled

Just throw it all together, stir and serve immediately.

It was lovely. Smoooooooth. The tequila was a presence, but didn't dominate. I ended up drinking...uh...4 glasses, I think. Since I was eating as well, I felt completely sober; until bedtime, when I started to felt the onset of H.H. (Heavy Head). I drank a lot of water, but still woke up in the morning with a crashing headache.

I would recommend this drink: it's tasty, looks great, etc... But maybe drink only...3 glasses... Don't make the mistakes I've made.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate! Has it been "that" long ago that you forgot the Whop parties back in your old college days??? (Tastes great, but kind of sneaks up on you :)


-John

SheWhoLives said...

Mmmm that does sound rather delicious! Shame I'm off the booze now. Ah well, thinking about it is just as good...

Elizabeth Penmark said...

Sorry about the headache. Did you have a good time entertaining? I always have such aspirations to throw dinner parties, but then I become mired down in the details and wanting everything to be perfect and talk myself out of it.

Kate said...

Elizabeth - Somtimes, I do that, too.

Rebecca said...

sounds good...sweet, but good :)

Erin said...

I must try this one out!

Maria said...

I'm a total sucker for drinks that are sweet and a little cloying. This one sounds like it was meant for me.

Oh, dear.

The World According To Me said...

I like the sound of your cocktail. But not the headache part!

Anonymous said...

welll..you're lucky that a headache was all you had... LOL sounds wonderful though!