Friday, December 28, 2007

Updates, and a Question

Well, the good news is that my cousin is already back from Seattle. In fact, she called me on Christmas Eve and asked of she could come over for Christmas dinner. Yes, PLEASE!


The bad news is that no one has applied for the job that I've posted. Geeze! It's been two whole days... I opened my e-mail hopefully this morning, to find nothing but a message from my daughter's Girl Scout leader, telling me that, if Sara wants to sell Girl Scout Cookies, there's a mandatory meeting for me to attend (right in the middle of the work day, 20 miles from my office). Yay. Hooray.

This is a sucky time to try to hire a teacher.


I have a feeling this is going to make me crabby.


And here is my question:


At what point is it reasonable to expect one's partner to call home and say s/he will be arriving late for dinner? At what point do you call the absent partner and ask about Estimated Time of Arrival?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hmmmm...that's a good one...and luckily one I've never had to ask! I would expect that max..30 minutes late...one should call..then from that point on, i would not be hesitant to call and ask them WHAT'S keeping them!

Elizabeth Penmark said...

Golly gee, Kate, I wish so much that I was there and had the skills you need. I was an education major most of my college career. I chickened out just before student teaching. I saw so many people around me who were in the major because they viewed it as an "easy" major. I became so discouraged and felt that our children deserved so much more. Then I began to wonder if I was, indeed, good enough. Other things in my life were getting me down on myself, too, so I changed my major. I've regretted it ever since. Someday I want to pursue my master's in something related to education. Anyway, I'm not there, and I don't speak another languate, so I can't help you. But sure wish I could.

As for the question. I would think that if my partner were going to be more than 15 minutes late, he should call. I would certainly call him at that point so ask where he is.

Maria said...

Um...well, this is hard. Because Bing is very punctual and I am always late.

And I hardly ever call. Unless it is like going to be over an hour.

To her credit, she plans dinner for a half hour later than she tells me. So, I am usually about five minutes early and feeling pretty damn good about myself.

Glad things are okay with your cousin.

Rebecca said...

Glad your cousin is OK!

I think it is a crappy couple of days to hire or look for a job!

Oh, and my limit is 30 minutes for my husband to call before I start calling him. I, on the other hand, call the second I know I am going to be late....I am a punctuality freak.

Amrita said...

Happy New Year

Rich said...

Very interesting question. Do you mean late, as in Si is always home at the same time and, suddenly, one day is not home at that time? Or do you mean you said, "Dinner will be at 6:00 p.m., Darling" and the poor boy was late for the appointed time? Weber and I are always "late." We IM each other at the end of the day to say who is on the way home and get a reply from the other, stating, "I'll call when I leave." Dinner is never at the same time, and, therefore, neither of us seems to get in trouble for being late. I think this whole issue requires further clarification and discussion. As for making the call, whatever the case, the call can be made as soon as you realize the offense is in full swing.
-- Rich

Pg Slot เครดิตฟรี หรือ said...

Pg Slot เครดิตฟรี หรือ มีกิจกรรมที่แจกเครดิตฟรี PG SLOT มีโปรโมชั่นและก็ยังมีแอดมินทำงานที่จะรอเอาใจใส่ดูแลผู้เล่นตลอด 24ชั่วโมง ฝากไม่มีอย่างต่ำที่เว็บของเรา Pg-Slot.Game