Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Forward...Dummy!

All day yesterday, I couldn't believe how productive I was! I kept looking at the clock, thinking, "Oh, look! It's only 11:00! Wow, I finished that project really quickly!"
"Lunch time! Where is everybody? Maybe they're all in meetings."
"Only 2:00. Cool. Plenty of time to send those e-mails I needed to take care of."

All day. All day this went on, and it wasn't even Sunday. It was Monday by this time.

It finally hit me late in the afternoon, after I was 40 minutes late to get the groceries and pick up the kids. Mad scramble, frantic phone calls.

It had been such a relaxing, productive day, too. Why can't every day be a day when I'm an hour behind?

And did I learn? No. The clock still isn't changed in my office (we need someone tall to reach it down), so I found myself thinking just now, "Oh, great! It's so early. I have plenty of time to blog..."

6 comments:

cinnibonbon said...

LOL.. You crack me up. It's such a weird "sublime.. if you will" feeling with that so called "extra" hour. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

Amrita said...

must be pretty confusing in the begining to adjust to the new time

Lulubelle B said...

I'm pathologically late. Don't want to spend the money or time for analysis to figure out why. I've got larger issues...

The World According To Me said...

He, he!

My mobile is fifteen minutes fast, to trick me into getting out of bed earlier, and the clock in my car is 3 hours and forty minutes fast as I can't figure out how to change it.

Time can be very confusing, can't it...

Rebecca said...

Well, here it Friday, 14 March, and the clock on the office phone system as well as the thermostat still reads Eastern Standard Time. Glad we don't acutally USE those clocks!!

Maria said...

The morning after we sprang ahead, I was dragging my ass like nobody's business.