Sunday, March 14, 2010

I'm Too Old for This

I ran about nine miles today, getting ready for the Salt Lake City Half-Marathon in April. Got a blister on my INSTEP, of all things. It didn't start hurting until about Mile 6; I finally stopped and rotated my socks, hoping that moving the sweaty instep to the outside of my foot would help. Nope. I was limping by the time I left the track. I wonder if I can wear my fuzzy slippers to work tomorrow.

It's almost bedtime, and I can't wait to jump into a nice hot shower. I ache all over from the run. Including muscles that don't make any sense. Like the one that attaches my hip to my waist? Excuse me, but I didn't notice much action up there.

I have talked myself into believing that my results in this race are some sort of cancer indicator. As in, if I beat my pre-cancer time, that means that I'm cured. I really should not have let my head take me there.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Yeah, don't go there with the cancer thing - and let's sit down and talk about the fitness / getting older thing when I get back from TESOL and family visit. Miss ya.

Amrita said...

Wow way to go kate