Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Meerkats

Sara's 11th birthday, make-your-own-pizza, chocolate-fondue, Pin-the-Fangs-on-Robert -Pattinson, seven-girls-spending-the-night blowout is OVER! They were pretty good (I only had to remonstrate with them 3 or 4 times), but most of them really were up all night. I am sure of it because the loud thumping of their not-so-little feet shook me out of bed at 5:10 AM.


This is exactly how they looked when I found them all standing stock still in her little brother's room, illuminated only by his night-light. Except the girls were all chewing gum. Imagine meerkats with tiny jaws all chomping in unison. Nathan was oblivious, snoozing away. "What [the hell] are you doing?" "Treasure hunt," said Sara.

2 comments:

The World According To Me said...

A treasure hunt at ten past five in the morning? Of course, it's the only thing to do at ten past five in the morning! It sounded like fun.
Reminds me of the sleepovers I used to have, they involved horror films and enough chocolate to make you feel sick.

Amrita said...

Oh soooooo sweet