Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Infirmary

Both kids were still awake when I got home from work late tonight. It is past 10:00, and Sara has her light on?

"Hey! What are you still doing up!? Lights out!"
"I have a stomach ache."
"And keeping your light on makes it go away? Where does it hurt?"
"It's just gas."
"Well, have your gas in the dark."

Then I'm walking down the hall and I hear a little voice call out, "Mommy! Mommy!"
"Nate! You're awake, too?"
"Yeah. My knee hurts!" He pulls the covers down to show me the affected area. "Right here."
"Huh. You probably tweaked it a little playing soccer."
"Tweaked???" He looks intrigued. I can tell that he's hoping that "tweak" is something we can fuss over for another half-hour. "What do you do about a tweak?"
"You go to sleep."

2 comments:

cinnibonbon said...

Silly girl--hahaha on the Lava lamp story!!!

Oh your poor kids, sounds like they were setting up for a sick day.

Thanks so much for the thoughts about my health. Yes I recall-- your ordeal too. I've had cyst detected before, these masses are different. But hoefully it's just something stupid. All I can say is that procedure was pure bullshit!!! (especially the stereotactic one) There has got to be a better way. Okay that's my rant--I'll keep you posted.
How are YOU by the way?

Amrita said...

Awwww that 's Mommy the nurse