Friday, May 11, 2007

Cruising With Nathan

I know that summer is really here because five-year-old Nathan has started cruising. For him, this means that we crank the car stereo on the way to daycare. He likes to choose the music for best effect: Johnny Cash, maybe; or one of the Shrek soundtracks; today it was something from my collection of Spanish-language dance music. We put on "Sopa de Caracol" and he rolls all the windows down. Then he reclines as much as he can in his booster seat and waves at people on the sidewalk, his eyes sort of half-lidded, so he'll look cool. He wants me to drive a little bit slow and is constantly asking for the music to be turned up "One more second. Louder. Turn it up another second." All he needs is low-rider.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! My 10-yr old daughter is just the opposite ...crank the volume & drive fast.

-John

PurpleTiger006 said...

My little one likes to jam out while I am driving. I am partial to talk radio, but when she is in the truck with me she wants some 'good music daddy!'

Amrita said...

So cute, little Nate is. I like Johnny Cash and Spanish music too.