Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm Losing My Mind

I'm trying to blame my good environmental intentions. But the truth is, I'm forgetful lately. Distracted? A...ditz?!? NO! PLEASE!

I went to Smith's on Friday morning for groceries. I got out of the car and opened the back to get my canvas shopping bags, full of myself for remembering to use them. Then I walked into the store and did my shoppping. Came out to see that the whole time I was in the store the driver's side door was standing wide open.

Immediately, my eyes scan the parking lot. I'm not looking for criminals - I'm making sure I don't see my husband's truck. At that time of day, he could also be pulling into Smith's and he'd give me s***. I try to justify this lapse - it was a very hectic day - but STILL.

I filled two canvas bags and also had a big bag of frozen peas. I went to work and stashed my groceries in the fridge until the end of the work day, but I noticed the peas were gone. I remember taking them out of the freezer case...paying for them.... then what? All that day, I was hoping they'd "turn up". Now, I really hope they WON'T.

4 comments:

Diane said...

I thought you were looking around for S. thinking he might have pulled a fast one on you and opened the door and was lurking nearby! :)

Diane said...

Re: flickr thingy, it was a little hard to figure out, but I did. Maybe we can get it working apres classes.

Amrita said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Kate. I like your blog too.You are a great looking gal.Post some pictures of Nate and Sara.How is Sara 's 'Pride and Predudice ' romance going? Really cute that was.

Amrita said...

Thru your blog title I increased my vocab...I had never heard of the word minutiae