Thursday, May 3, 2007

Update on Sara's Love Life

This is my second post today, but I have to take a minute to (verbally) scratch my head over boys and love. In an earlier post, I had mentioned the rivalry between O. and B. for Sara's affections. B. is aware that Sara likes O. better, and the necklace he gave her did not sway her affections.

Yesterday, in an attempt to get her attention, he asked one of his fourth-grade buddies to run up to her during recess and hit her. So his friend ran up to Sara, CLOCKED her between the eyes (which made her cry and caused a 30-minute nose-bleed), and then they both ran for it. I think he saw that the plan backfired.

I was apalled. Sara was only able to prevent me from going over there and making a scene by assuring me that the culprits got sent to the office.

"The playground is a mean place, Mom. You've got to be tough."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd hate to disappoint you, so I'll comment on your missing "p" in "appalled".

Hugs from you favorite internet-addicted pest.