Tuesday, May 8, 2007

"Silk", It's Soy

It's weird, actually. Impulse buy at the store yesterday. The labeling promises yumminess with vanilla flavor and less sugar, more vitamins, more calcium, etc...than regular milk. Put some on my cereal this morning and tried to see it as an adventure. I'm discovering that, for all my experimentation at supper-time, I really don't like anything messing with my breakfast rut.

And since I'm little Miss Product Tester, I tossed a tin of the new Altoids onto the conveyor at Target this morning. Dark chocolate mint. The checker asked, "Ooooh! Have you tried those, yet?" "No, this is my first time." "You're going to LOVE those. I tried one, and then I couldn't stop eating them." Then the lady behind me chimed in, "Those are GREAT! I ate a whole tin in one day!" Maybe it's stealth advertising: Altoids Corp. hires actors to play satisfied mint consumers. Their eyes followed me as I left the store, probably to see if I tore the cellophane off before I got to my car. I didn't, but I opened them the minute I had closed the car door, and ate 4 while driving to Guadalupe. I have self-control, though. I have written this whole post without eating one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Weber said...

I've also been intrigued by the chocolate covered altoids, but what intrigues me even more is the "post" that you deleted.