Friday, October 19, 2007

Foosball



We just bought flooring at a local furniture place and got a $99 special deal on this fabulous foosball table. It'll be great in the rec room downstairs, after the flooring project is over. It arrived a few days ago, and Si opened the box, just to "make sure nothing was broken".

I came home the next evening and he had emptied the box, to "check that all the parts are there".

Then the little men went on their rods. May as well get started with some of the preliminaries.

Two nights ago, I discovered it was all put together except for the legs. Si was eyeing them and saying, "Those legs. I hope they're not wobbly. It seems sturdy up to this point, but the real test will be the legs."

Yeah, sure enough I got home last night, and it was all done. Now it's too big to remove from the living room.

12 comments:

Alice Kildaire said...

just like a man with a new toy!

Anonymous said...

Going Retro! Nice!

See...I suggested in an earlier post about setting up that wet bar in your basement.

Add a billiards table & darts. Then you can start selling those drinking establishment "memberships" to your neighbors. You'll be the popular house on the block. :)

I see it has that coin-slot thingy. It can double as a piggy bank too!

Still, I'd be reluctant to give-up my Battlefield2 online.

OOOooo, another great idea....you could add a WiFi hub for the tech-savy patrons.

John

Kate said...

J-
The darts are there. Pool is a issue fraught with anxiety and meriting a blog entry of its own. Dad thinks I should take our family pool table from Wisconsin, and is proposing to haul it out here on a trailer, with my older brother riding shotgun. "Road trip!" says Dad. "What condition is that table in?" asks my husband.

Erin said...

I have to admit, I probably would have done the SAME thing!

Elizabeth Penmark said...

Your husband sounds like a cool guy. Have you done a post to talk about how you met? I love "how we met" stories.

The World According To Me said...

Boys and their toys!
I think a 'how we met story' would be good too!

Katherine said...

LOL

Well, put a piece of glass on the top. You can use it as an interesting coffee table. And if your guests get bored....well you know what you can do!

Anonymous said...

cool foosball! i havent done that in AGES... have fun!

Maria said...

Well, stick a piece of plywood over it for the holidays and presto! you have an extra table...

Unknown said...

at least it's black -- it perfectly matches that black vaahzzz with the red sticks in your front hall :D
our foosball table broke a few weeks ago - i miss it.

Amrita said...

Nice game, I 've seen it on the tube but don 't know how its played, they don 't have it here, maybe in the metros.

Sam said...

What's wrong with making sure everything is working? I agree that billards, darts and big screen tv is all that is need to complete the room! :)