Saturday, June 5, 2010

Alone, and Loving It!

I got to be alone again last night (Second time in two months! My kids must be growing up.) Here's what I did:
  1. Took the time to go out and admire my irises.
  2. Watered my pepper plants and talked aloud to the vegetable patch, as in, "Oh, my pwecious pets! Are mommy's little darlings thirsty?"
  3. Blew off supper. Didn't cook; didn't eat. No time to cook! I was busy reading!
  4. Read three chapters of Madame Bovary and two chapters of Lamb. Read Bovary aloud, so as to really soak it up. Reading aloud keeps me from rushing, but it's hard to do when people are home.
  5. Bought Creamies and had a banana one late in the evening (so I guess that counts as supper?). Wondered if I looked erotic eating it. Thought that I would go find Si and eat it in a suggestive way while waggling my eyebrows at him. Realized he was not home. Missed him. Just for a second, though.
  6. Painted my toenails a frightening shade of ...what would I call it..hot scarlet. Looked at the effect and thought that it looked cheap and tawdry. Added a sparkle top-coat. In for a penny, in for a pound.
  7. Took a bath. Lay perfectly still in the bath. Enjoyed the fact that, since I have cut my hair short, I can rest my head against the back of the tub without the clip poking my head.
  8. Read more Bovary until I dropped off.

2 comments:

cinnibonbon said...

Sounds divine--especially the toes--hot color!! You go girl!!

Amrita said...

Sound s very relaxing and laid back to me, toes, Creamies and books and plants