Monday, June 14, 2010

Sometimes I Do Sweat the Small Stuff

But I hate myself for it. Hey, who moved my Zen?

So, someone said something today that could be construed, if I were in the right mood, as insulting. And it was said in front of rather a lot of people. Plus it doesn't help that Simon heard it and later said, "Did you hear that comment? Did you think it was appropriate? I thought it was unnecessarily aggessive."

Of course, my response was bland - vanilla with vanilla sauce. Why create a confrontation? Probably the other person meant nothing by it and for them, it's forgotten.

So, OK. finished. But it is still bugging me. I run my fingers through it over and over, trying to figure out why it bothers me.

What do you do when something is bothering you and you cannot figure out why you are wasting energy on disturbance?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I go home & scream obscenities at the cat....that seems to usually help.

Anonymously, John