Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Up to My Elbows in Crab, not Data...

...although the meeting wasn't too bad today. We were seated with the Samoans. Adult basic education is, as you might imagine, somewhat challenging when the students need to island-hop in order to get to class.
After 9 hours of number-crunching, the Utah, Montana and Alaska folks headed down to the waterfront. Here's where we had supper.

This back view is what I call the crab entrance. They got off the boats, go in the back door...

...and their legs end up here. I am a little embarrassed to admit that I have never eaten crab-meat still in the shell. My colleague from Juneau gets to experience this sort of maritime bliss on a regular basis and instructed me on the use of my shell cracker. I gave up trying to be dainty after a couple of minutes and just let the sauce run down my arms.


Then it was off to the Buena Vista for Irish coffees.

I need to come back here for a real vacation one of these days.


1 comment:

Weber said...

I love San Francisco