Saturday, September 8, 2007

Oktoberfest

It's early September, I know. Snowbird, the ski resort where my husband works, puts on an Oktoberfest in September because they are optimists, and they think that the snow will have started by October.

Yesterday was Staff Appreciation Night, so free food and rides. We went up for supper and goofed around on the alpine slide, tram, etc...
Nate likes food.
Just in case I have ever fancied myself an amateur photographer, my attempts at an "action shot" of Sara's back-flip on the bungee tramp reminded me that I need to find other things to pretend.
"Did you get it that time, Mom?" "No, not really. Do it again."
"How 'bout THAT time?" "Ummm..."
Fourteen attempts later, she is thinking, "Mom, you are the biggest doofus."

My sunset picture didn't turn out as I had hoped, either. It was a gorgeous sunset - I took this while actually driving the car, while Sara scolded. "Mom, you should pull over to take a picture, for heaven's sake. Are you done? Good! Hand over the camera. I'm going to put it away." Bossy! Where does she get that?







10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, that day looked like loads of fun. Hot dogs with gobs of ketchup are sooooo good! Sarah on the bungee jumper reminded me of how fun it was watching the girls do the same thing at the Minnesota Renaissance Faire last year. And how I missed getting their pictures just like you! :)

-John

Maria said...

I can't take a photograph to save my life. All of mine have half of everyone's heads cut off. It is a family joke that NO ONE should ever hand me the camera....

Do your children stay blonde in the winter? Liv is nearly blonde all summer and then she gets darker and darker as the days grow shorter.

And, in answer to your question, she has already started soccer. They lost today and she was a horrible sport about it, probably because her father was there and she wanted to show off for him. I had to scold her in the car about manners...always such a fun chore.

Anonymous said...

like mother like daughter?? ha they were great photos... lucky for us...hubby here is the professional...but at the risk of living with one...there's also running commentary on the ones that I take as well...**sigh** sounds like fun was had by all!

Alice Kildaire said...

Haha, I confess to once driving down the road in the snow while attempting to take a picture of an oncoming snow plow.

Trysha said...

What a fun day!!
Someday I'll look back at all the photos and we'll remember how I missed that shot, but what a great time we had...at least I hope that's how it will work. ;)

Amrita said...

The neocounter is fun...hope to see my city on it!.

Your bungee and sunset pix are great

The World According To Me said...

Hi Kate

Sounded and looked like a fun day.
Action shots are always the hardest to take!

Diane said...

Yeah, what're they thinking - and why can't they learn to spell it right??

Kate said...

Maria - They are always that blonde. Blue-eyed, too. Not from my side of the family, where the color scheme is all brown, with occasional flashes of green. Simon's dad might have been that blonde as a child...

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Kate, I saw your name on Amrita's blog and just wonderring,

Where is this Ski-resort?
It should be not in Europe ( thats where I live) But outside USA? of where? I love the post of the children playing,Bossy ? hhahaha :)

Funny post please visit mine you're so welcome I am from Holland,

:) JoAnn