Sunday, September 23, 2007

Well, the Kids Liked It...

It's been a while since I've blogged about my cooking experiments, not because I haven't been doing them, but because they haven't been very exciting. Today, I did a pork loin roast simmered in leeks and white wine that was a big success; but my Mocha Toffee Fudge Brownies were, well...

For all the men out there who have lusted after me because of my alleged culinary skills, this should be a good reality check for you. No these ones aren't mine. This is the picture in the magazine, which promised me "fudgy", "gooey", "the best chocolate brownie ever".




Fudgy? Check. Gooey? Absolutely. But can it be described as a "brownie"?




Uuuhhh... So much for my career as a food stylist. The only possible salvage for this would be to toss is on top of some ice cream and call it "sauce".

Not a keeper.

12 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Hmmm. The pictures do look a little different I must admit!

But what did yours taste like? Still good, with or without ice cream?

Anonymous said...

Hey, save this stuff! You could use it to re-create your own "9-1/2 Weeks" kitchen scene with. (Eat your heart out, Micky!)

John

Elizabeth Penmark said...

I have those plates! Well, I used to have those plates - the ones with the pink hearts on them! They were my first plates when I moved in with CB rigt out of college! I got matching EVERYTHING! I kept the plates for years and finally parted with them. But I still have the pink hearts crock pot!

Anonymous said...

Those brownies kind of remind me of the dutch oven cake Mark and Edie made at CBC a couple of years ago. That was the one the potguts enjoyed so much.

Anonymous said...

Oh pooh.
At least the kids liked it =)

Kate said...

@ World: Good, but in the way that licking batter out of a mixing bowl is good...

@ John: Only if it's warmed up.

@ Elizabeth: You have them, I have them, and half the world has them. My quest for different "everyday dishes" is a blog entry all its own.

@ Shirley: The potguts would like this one, for sure. Their tiny tongues would cramp, though, trying to lick it up. Simon told me it has supplanted my biscuits as the Densest Matter in the Universe (DMU)and suggested that we use it to level the basement floor.

@ Seagrape: Yeah, Nathan chanted, "Keeper, keeper!" with chocolate smeared up to his evebrows.

Gledwood said...

...looks pretty pleasant to me...

Maria said...

That is like an everyday occurrence with me. My food NEVER matches the ones in the magazines.

I have ONE dinner that I am good at making (pork roast with honey mustard sauce and apple and onion garnish) and ONE dessert: chocolate chip cookies. Anything else and I am lost.

But, they do look gooey.....

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I hate to say...but they look really different...but HEY, as long as the kids like it! That's who you're feedin right???

Diane said...

Looks like blackies....

Katherine said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one with some cooking challenges : ) Actually, a neighbor's child told me I cooked the best chicken nuggets she's ever had. Hmmmm...

Can't tell you what those brownies look like but I'm sure they tasted good. Chocolate is chocolate!!!

Amrita said...

yummy i love brownies.