Monday, November 19, 2007

The Font of all Bulls**t

Do you ever go to meetings, and everyone has to take a turn saying something about him/herself? Today, it was, "Tell us something about yourself that we wouldn't know from a work context."

"I used to be a fashion model in Japan."
"I'm an avid fly fisher."
"I have just published my first novel."
"My oldest son just graduated college, and my other son just had a bone-marrow transplant"

[It will soon be my turn. What the hell am I going to say?]

"I'm a personal trainer."
"My daughter was just diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome."
"I love to sing."

It's my turn. I stand, still uninspired, and hear myself say, "I'm passionate about cranberries."

Sad. A sad reflection.

9 comments:

The World According To Me said...

Well, it's something they wouldn't know unless you told them!

And they are very good for you!

Anonymous said...

"Hi, my name is John, and I have a PhD in Scatology." :)

(You say this with a straight face & most people have no clue what you just said....which justifies the wisdom of my previous entry...."if you can't impress them with what you know...baffle them with bullshit".)

BTW - does anyone know how you ship a bottle of wine to Utah??? Anyone???


John

Weber said...

John.....very carefully!

Kate said...

John, my dear-
I'm afraid that you can't ship wine into Utah. It has to be smuggled in.

joannmski said...

I love that answer!

Maya said...

Now... that's funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny stuff.

Gypsy Jane said...

OMG, I hate those "have to say something" things.
Cranberries... I AM passionate about them today - it's make the sugar-free cranberry sauce for T'day day. No HFCS in mine :)
Enjoying your blog as usual.

Maria said...

I burst out laughing at that. And you know, Kate...if I had been in that room, I would have wanted to sit right by you..

I would have said something like, "My name is Maria and I can't stand to sleep without moisturizing my feet first...."

Anonymous said...

yeah...it's an unknown secret...so there....