Monday, November 12, 2007

Floor is Done!

Hooray! The flooring project is almost over! I must admit that having the computer set up on a card table in the living room has been kind of fun, with the exception of the 2 miles of phone line we had to run in order to get on the Internet. And the Foosball table...well, I'll miss it when it finally moves downstairs.

There's still a little bit left to do. Here is Si, carefully fitting IKEA tab A into IKEA slot B. We had to remove the old desk in order to do the project. There was a reason the previous home-owners left that desk behind: there was no getting it out of the office intact. Si literally chopped it up. I'm sure that was satisfying.






The guest room is pretty much put back together except the heavy stuff.


The rec room...well, this is as "put together" as it ever looks. Someday, this will be a great party room. For now, the Foosball table will reside in splendid isolation. Until we have money for other furnishings, it is the sock-foot skating rink, the "Blind Man's Bluff" floor and the dance studio.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow it looks great!

Amrita said...

everything looks so nice. Wish i had a house like this. But I grateful to the Lord for what He has given me.

Maria said...

Oh, yes...Liv would have a ball sliding on this floor. She would be just itching to get out her skateboard. Ugh. I HATE that thing, an accident waiting to happen....

Kate said...

Amrita, I think my house would be ALL WRONG in India. It would not fit in properly at all. I would bet that your house is perfect for its surroundings. Now that you have your new camera, you should post a picture of your house.

Diane said...

Yes, Amrita, I want to see your house, too. I have been horribly lax about my garden blog, and should call it my house & garden blog, and post updates on my projects. Maybe I wouldn't start them and then let them languish like I've been doing.

Kate, it looks wonderful!! Can't wait to see it and eat lamb. ;-)

Elizabeth Penmark said...

The floor looks really nice.

Unknown said...

what a great rink/game/dance room/floor.

Maya said...

I have that same desk in my office Kate! I love that there is so much room! All my computor stuff and school stuff fit on it with room to spare.