Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Barefoot

I went running this morning before work and took my work clothes with me in a shopping bag. When I changed in the restroom after arriving at work, I realized that I had not packed shoes. I don't teach today, so there's no real reason why I can't pad around in my bare feet or my running shoes all day, but the first thing I saw on today's agenda was that I had to make a major presentation to our Board of Directors this afternoon. Great. I wandered around for awhile, asking if anyone had a spare pair of shoes (yeah, right, but you never know) and wore a size 7 1/2. My colleague Dorothea came to my rescue. She wears the same size as I, and was wearing a pair of shoes that matched my outfit. When she left work at noon, she left barefoot and passed the shoes to me to wear for the rest of the day. Her husband picks her up, so she didn't have to drive, but still! Thanks Dorothea! I owe you a BIG favor!

7 comments:

Diane said...

Aha! Another reason you need a set of keys to my place!

Anonymous said...

that cool. as luck would have it...i wouldn't have found anyone with the same size.

Lillian said...

Sweet! It's always nice to be rescued from life's silly mistakes by such nice people.

Lillian said...

I think that sentence was all wrong, but I'm sure you get my meaning. Preview is your friend.

Evalinn said...

Lol, these things happen :-) I've instructed aerobics in a lace push-up-bra once, when I'd forgotten my sports-bra...

Kate said...

Dorothea has really comfortable shoes, too! I wish I didn't have to give them back...

Anonymous said...

You know, having extensive under-desk IT experience I can assure you with reasonable certainty that lot's of women keep extra shoes under their desks. I have yet to see a man do this though.