Monday, July 2, 2007

Pot Luck Masters

Introducing my students. Amazing that I don't blog about them more often, since they are a source of so much pleasure in my life. I'm the director of a non-profit adult English as a Second Language program, and these photos are from our summer picnic. Our potlucks are known to be epic: taquitos, mole, momos, egg rolls...all the good stuff. Hot dogs, too.

Cheers! Of course, this is a non-alcoholic event, unless you happen to know which colleague has a flask of tequila in her handbag. One student appears to be toasting with his cell phone. Very American.

Year to year, we never know what will be the big thing. This year, it was hula hoops...

and Bingo. Bingo is becoming a tradition. I bought us a Bingo set this year, as I got tired of trying to find ones to borrow. I get a bunch of prizes from the Dollar Store and it's pretty fun.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's WHY ya wanted me to blog about teaching English! You do as well... I'll have to whip out that camera next time I'm in class. That's pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Having just learned to Hula Hoop myself I can relate the the excitement!

Amrita said...

a load of fun. Momos are tibetan. I make them.

Kate said...

Yes, it's my Tibetan student, Phurbu, who makes the momos, to our delight!

Diane said...

hmmmm.... now who could have had that flask of tequila?