Monday, July 2, 2007

Zay Call Me Doktor Frankenshteen

If you read "Pie", you'll know that I was in some trouble over my plans to make a rhubarb pie this weekend.
Not one to let reality stand in my way, I went out to harvest the last of my scrawny rhubarb. My total yield was a cup and a half. Well, I also had a container of strawberries to pump up the volume a little, but even the two together did not give me enough to fill the damn pie. So, after weighing my options, I remembered there was one last container of peaches from my tree, frozen last fall and still seeking a purpose. So they went in there, too. The results were wierd but good. Now, what to call it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

weee ....new posts!!! :)

I'd call it .....

"Ru-stra-pea" pie!

Sounds almost obscene when you say it fast.

John

Anonymous said...

MIL looks like she's having the TIME OF HER LIFE!

Anonymous said...

Oops... wrong post. Hey the pie looked great anyways. Never had rhubarb pie....

Anonymous said...

Call it PiSsR for Peach, Strawberry, and Rhubarb. Everybody loves an acronym. :)

Mike Minzes said...

Great blog! I will be back for more!!

-0-0-

Rebecca said...

Your pie looks fantastic, and sounds really tasty. All the right sweet-tart! A dollop of ice cream, and we're all set :)