Friday, July 6, 2007

Is Marie Callender a Member of My Family?

No. It just seems that way because I blog about "her" a lot these days. I guess that, while I was at work last night, my husband, children and in-laws went out to Marie Callender's for supper. Five-year-old Nathan must have liked the peach/rhubard/strawberry mess I made over the weekend and saw an opportunity to flirt with the female server.

When she asked him what he wanted for dessert, he started with "Weeeelllllll...." All of us who know him understand that the server is about to get the long-form answer.

(Nathan has a little trouble pronouncing /r/. It usually comes out /w/.)

"I'm thinking........I would like a piece of pie..ie....ie..." (Nate does that: holds the floor and everyone's attention by dragging a word out over several breaths)....that has a bottom cwust and a top cwust. A pie with two cwusts."

"And so.......(at this point the server is probably trying to go to her 'happy place')...I think I would like...woobob. Stwawbewy woobob."

7 comments:

Amrita said...

So cute. Nate deserves to get dessert on the house

Anonymous said...

Yum yum.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Epimenides said...

Way to go Nathan!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Come see my blog... I think Sat or Sun...the one with the blue logo on it. I left something for ya..

Rebecca said...

That is a funny post! I like Nathan's style...I am sure the waitress had a huge smile on her face.

Annie said...

Hi,
I'm here via Bridget's blog...love your blog.
My kids had speech quirks, too. One daughter said "oy" for "ir" so we loved to trick her into saying girl squirrel (goyl squoyel) as in, "Lauren, is that a boy squirrel or a girl squirrel over there?". Kind of mean, I know, but very funny.