Saturday, July 21, 2007

She's a Big Star

So, Sara's Theater Camp is finished, and her recital was last night. They staged a short play they had made up themselves. Sara was one of the "bad guys", whose evil plan was to steal the toys of all the children in Salt Lake and sell them back at double the price. She looks scary, huh? I get this look every time I ask her to set the table.

Here she is after the show. Personally, I think she looks more like a flapper than a villain with evil powers. They should have ratted her hair and spray-painted it red.

I didn't really stop to consider until after the recital that we were going to have to walk back to the car, several blocks away, with an eight-year old who looked like this.

People must have thought we were either very tolerant of her "Goth Tween" stage or that she's the Bad Seed and that we're afraid of being murdered in our beds if we tell her to take off the eye makeup.


10 comments:

Donetta said...

She looks so gown up with all the goop on her eyes. That would have been an interesting walk to the car :)

Rebecca said...

I love it. And her poses are just amazing.

Anonymous said...

would that be semi-goth???

Lillian said...

What fun to play the villain! She looks like she thoroughly enjoyed herself.

My Bucket of parts said...

How funny.

Alice Kildaire said...

such a wide range of facial expressions! I agree, she definitely looks more like a flapper...too cute!

Katherine said...

Okay....I have to say that in the first pic...she does indeed look EVIL! Are you scared? : )

Weber said...

If I didn't know the real Sara, that first picture would have scared me!

Evalinn said...

How cool, I loved theatre as a kid!

Diane said...

Oh, darn! I knew I was forgetting something that night. Should've written it down...Mom and I would've enjoyed it.